John T. Thurber, DMD
Meet Dr. Thurber
Dr. Thurber is a local product having grown up in Medford Lakes. He brings his talent and expertise back to South Jersey after attending the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Prior to Penn, Dr. Thurber received his Bachelors’ of Science Degree from Dickinson College where he served as captain of the men’s lacrosse team.
Dr. Thurber founded the Thurber Dental Spa on the premise that people should be able to relax while receiving profession care. The office is outfitted with state of the art technologies and comfort amenities that create a whole new experience. The comfort suites compliment the technologies ranging form CEREC to Laser to TDS Custom Whitening to the latest, least invasive cosmetic procedures to dealing with dental anxiety and phobia.
Giving back to the community is very important to Dr. Thurber. Throughout his career he has spent time volunteering with special needs clients and under-served children.
Dr Thurber’s focus is to stay out in front on the leading edge, he attends many courses throughout the year to help maintain this position. The goal is to constantly improve the clients experience and health. He also lectures to colleagues on these subjects both locally and nationally. Dr. Thurber is a national lecturer for Den-Mat LLC, the manufacturers of LUMINEERS. As well as lecturing, Dr. Thurber mentors young dentists as an instructor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Thurber is very compassionate and understanding of dental phobias and welcomes everyone with concerns or questions to contact the office. Understanding the road blocks to treatment are important, but a path through these road blocks is the course to achieving better health. This path is different for each individual and Dr Thurber and his staff are ready to lead the way. Dr. Thurber takes time each week to meet with clients to discuss and answer any questions or concerns. Please, contact him at the office to discuss how the team at the Thurber Dental Spa can help you achieve your oral health goals by scheduling a complementary consult.
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelors’ of Science in Chemistry, Dickinson College
- Bishop Eustace Preparatory School
- Westfield Friends School
- 2007 America’s Top Dentists, Consumer Reasearch Council of America
- 2007 South Jersey Magazine Top Dentist-Family/Cosmetic
- 2006 South Jersey Magazine Top Dentist-Family/Cosmetics
- 2001 NJSIAA Boys’ Lacrosse Team of the Year-Moorestown High School (Coach)
- 1996 John E. Benson Memorial, Chemistry Department, Dickinson College
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Southern Dental Association
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Project Stretch
- Family, reading, coaching/playing lacrosse, skiing, surfing, ice hockey